How to do coherence of documents and standard management
To have coherence between all the documents like Customer Inspection Standard of parts with Control Plan, Operation Standard, Inspection Standard & Packing Standard. Defining the standards properly can prevent rejection, rework and thus Improve OEE and COPQ.
|1||Review of the Standards/ Format/ WI/ Procedures etc.||Quality Incharge / MR||In the event of a change, Once in a year, Customer-specific requirement, Customer complaint|
|2||Updating of standards||MR||After every change|
|3||Issue of the revised standard||MR||After every change|
CASE-I Procedure for Standard Management:
- Are the Control Plan, Operation Standard and Inspection Standard available for all the parts? If not discuss with the concerned department and ensure availability for all the parts.
- If not available, make draft documents in coordination with the concerned department and send documents for Plant Incharge approval.
- If available, check for the coherence of customer inspection standards with control plan, inspection standard and operation standard.
- Update Master list of documents.
- Distribute the documents to the concerned department.
CASE-II Request for Modification :
- Receive the document change request form for modification and check the implementation feasibility.
- If feasible, modify the document and prepare change points in the document.
- Take the approval of document change request from Plant Incharge.
- Distribute the modified document to controlled copyholders. ( Control copy stamp with Red color and Master copy stamp with Blue color )
- Receive old copies from controlled copyholders and destroy the old controlled copies.
- Preserve the master copy of old documents duly identified with an Obsolete stamp.
- Issue new or modified format with the implementation date.
- Collect the old format, confirm the implementation and record the change date.
Retention Period :
Maru-A: Part life + 11 Year
Fit-function: Part life + 11 Year
Drawing, Control plan, PFMEA, PFD, OS: Part life + 11 Year
Safety & Regulatory: 5 Year
Internal Audit & MRM: 3 Years
Training records: 2 Years
Calibration: 2 Years
Inspection Records: 1 Year